Even though I technically have until Saturday, I am going to post my results from this week’s Weekly Geek challenge (courtesy of Dewey at The Hidden Side of a Leaf) today. I’m heading home to the Twin Cities for the weekend, so I don’t know if I’ll have time to post before Saturday.
So, here are the results!
- Finish writing the book reviews I’m behind on — Word Freak by Steven Fatsis and The Know-It-All by A.J. Jacobs
I did finish these reviews — The Know-It-All is posted now, and Word Freak will be soon. However, in doing some other blog clean up I realized I have at least two other books I’ve finished for classes this month that were good enough to warrant reviews. Look for The Elements of Journalism and Down and Out in Paris and London sometime in the next few weeks, I hope 🙂
- Update my blogroll after BBAW
Got that done!
- Visit some more BBAW blogs
I started from the end of the alphabet and got through the letter T — it’s a work in progress still.
- Update my GoodReads account
Pretty much done with this. I got the books I’m reading fixed up, and linked to reviews I hadn’t linked yet. It’s pretty accurate, I think.
- Decide on the “widgets” for the right menu
I think I’m mostly settled on these, but I’ll probably fidget with them more anyway. I like to change things up.
I also got some other blog-related activities done:
- created a blog e-mail address to keep book blog e-mails straight — sophisticated[dot]dorkiness[at]gmail[dot]com
- made a new top banner — neat font, right?
- wrote some posts for the next couple weeks on topics like Banned Books Week and my pile of unread books
- joined the Fall into Reading 2008 challenge
In personal news, on Wednesday afternoon I got a job offer to be a Communications Assistant with UW Health Services. So when I start next week it’ll probably mean even less time to read and blog, but more money to buy stuff like books. A trade off, I guess 🙂