People start blogs with lots of content ideas, but as the weeks go by sometimes we start to lose steam (at least, I know I do). That’s why this week’s BIP project is about brainstorming,
I found a few good articles online about ways to brainstorm content ideas for your blog.
- 24 Things to do When Stuck for a Topic to Blog About
- Brainstorming Techniques for Bloggers
- 9 Steps to Better Blog Post Ideas
Given that information, the second task in the Blog Improvement Project has two parts: brainstorming ideas and blogging your ideas (skip the second part if it doesn’t sound interesting to you).
Part 1 — Brainstorming Ideas:
- Read the articles above and find a technique that you think will help you brainstorm, then spend some quality time brainstorming.
- Keep track of the topic ideas you’ve brainstormed for a time in the future when you need some ideas.
- Come back and comment on this post or sign the Mr. Linky below with a post about brainstorming techniques you found particularly helpful or other brainstorming techniques you use.
Part 2 — Blogging Your Ideas:
- Use your brainstormed ideas to come up with a new, regular feature for your blog. There are a lot of memes and stuff out there to participate in, but I think it’s cool when a blogger has a feature that is unique to them. Think about what makes your voice different, then come up with a feature that reflects that. There aren’t any “rules” about the feature — just be yourself.
- Come back and sign the Mr. Linky with a post about your new feature.
Remember, the point of the Blog Improvement Project is to do the activities in a way that will make your blog better. These are just suggestions, so take with them and do what you will!