No wrap-up for Week Two, partially based on a suggestion from Elizabeth at Thoughts from an Evil Overlord that we check back in a few months to see how the regular features are going. I think that’s smart, so we’ll do a wrap up of Week 2 sometime in the future.
Week 3 of the Blog Improvement Project is all about writing different kinds of content. It’s easy to get into a pattern of writing the same kinds of posts over and over again, but sometimes it can be fun to spice it up, or at least have ideas about other ways to present your ideas.
I did a search about kinds of blog posts and came across many articles about kinds of blog posts: 20 Types of Blog Posts, The 5 Types of Blog Posts that Experts Write, and All 13 Types of Blog Post, just to link to a few. What I learned in doing this was something I should have known in the first place — there are no definitive types of blog posts. However, there are some types of posts that can be the bread and butter of a successful blogger, and knowing some of these forms can help if you feel like you’re in a rut.
Please read all the way through the task for this week so you can decide what level you want to participate at (and and find out about the fabulous prizes!).
Blog Post Bingo!
- Take a look at the 10 types of blog post below. Over the next two weeks, try to write as many of these different kinds of posts as you can.
- A Link Post – share a series of links your readers might find interesting
- A Short Post – less than 200 words
- A List Post – simple as it sounds, a list of some sort
- An Opinion Post – take an event, news, or another blog post and share your opinion on it
- A Poll or Question Post – post a poll or ask your readers a specific question for feedback
- A How-To Post – You’re an expert in something; big or small, share how to do it
- A Long Post – more than 700 words
- A Review Post – self-explanatory, I think 🙂
- A Definition Post – show your expertise about a topic related to your blog
- FREE SPACE – a type of post of your choice (that is not the same as one of the previous posts)
- By Saturday, February 14 at MIDNIGHT, post a link in Mr. Linky to a wrap-up post detailing which of the post types you’ve completed. I need to be able to go to the wrap up post and see links to each of the posts and something that shows what type they are.
The blogger who completes the most number of posts will receive a prize — a $10 e-gift certificate from Amazon.com and be featured in the wrap up post for Week 3. I will also do a random number generator of all the other entries (whether you did one post or many posts) to choose a two other winners to be featured in the wrap up post. This way, everyone has incentive to participate even if you can’t post a ton of times in the next couple weeks. I know it’s not much, but who doesn’t love even little prizes?
Notes: Blog posts can count for multiple categories, but if there is a tie then I’ll give preference to the a blogger who has not counted posts for multiple categories. If you’re only entering one post, no need for a wrap up post, just put it in the Mr. Linky. You may not include posts written before this task was posted (it’ll just be too hard for me to sort through them, I think).
Any other questions or concerns? Leave a comment and I’ll get back to you ASAP. Good luck and happy blogging!