The aim of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award is to acknowledge writing excellence in the spirit of Jane Austen’s genius in amusing and delighting readers with her irony, humor, wit, and talent for keen observation. Recipients will uphold the highest standards in the art of the sparkling banter, witty repartee, and gentle reprove. This award was created by the blogging team of Jane Austen Today to acknowledge superior writing over the Internet and promote Jane Austen’s brilliance.
Here are seven blogs that I think also deserve this award:
- Anastasia at Birdbrain(ed) Book Blog: I started reading Anastasia’s blog when she joined the Blog Improvement Project. Anastasia does a great weekly feature called eBook Wednesday that I always look forward to.
- Care at Care’s Online Book Club: Care writes the most amusing stream-of-consciousness blog posts I read online. Her posts always make me smile.
- Sarah at Behold, the thing that reads a lot: Sarah’s blog is another one I found through the Blog Improvement Project. I knew I would love reading it after I read her post on a critical analysis of chick-lit. It’s a very smart post from a very smart blogger.
- Eva at A Striped Armchair: Although I’m only participating vicariously, I think Eva’s World Citizenship Challenge is a great idea. I’ve seen reviews for a lot of unique books that link back to this challenge, which I think is great.
- Becca at The Inside Cover: Becca is a journalist and book blogger from Southern California. She hasn’t been posting a ton lately, but I always love her posts and hope she comes back soon!
- Softdrink (Jill) at Fizzy Thoughts: I started reading Jill more regularly while we both started helping out with the new Weekly Geeks. I love most of her posts, but I found this recent one particularly funny.
- Belle of the Books at BelleoftheBooks: This is another blog I found via the BIP, I think. I love her blog name, and a lot of the reviews she posts — this review convinced me to consider a genre I usually avoid, it’s that good 🙂
Congrats everyone! You can claim your award by copying the HTML code of the Excessively Diverting Blog Award badge then posting it on your blog with the name of the person who nominated you and a link back to their blog. You can then nominate seven (7) other blogs that you feel meet or exceed the standards of the award as listed above.
Also, a quick thank you to Steven at Book Dads and Shelley at ChainReading who both awarded me the Primos Dardos Award a long time ago and I failed to acknowledge properly. I always feel awkward and self-indulgent posting blog awards, even though I don’t get them very often, but I’m working on it 🙂