Well, the start of my Bloggiesta started out with work and a siesta, but now I’m ready to go! For part of this afternoon and tomorrow I’ll be participating in Maw Books Bloggiesta, “a blogging marathon with a fiesta flair.” You can follow at the blog, or follow @bloggiesta on Twitter. I’ll be updating my blog over the next couple days about my progress.
This first post is my overly-ambitious “To Do List.” I wish I could have started earlier today, but I had to work and then I had to take a nap (it’s been an exhausting week).
I’m not actually that behind with reviews, but I am going to try to catch up on all of these over the next couple days. Or, at minimum, get the templates for the reviews ready so I can just fill them in when I’m ready.
- The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart
- Under the Banner of Heaven by John Krakauer
- The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns by Elizabeth Leiknes
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safon Foer
- Rabbit, Run by John Updike
Blog Improvement Project
This is something I’ve been hosting since January (details here). I need to get ahead on writing task posts, so that’s a major part of the agenda this weekend. Feel free to comment or tweet (@kimthedork) with suggestions for BIP topics.
- Week #11 Wrap Up
- Week #12: Mid-Year Review
- Week #?: Blog Post Bingo #2
- Brainstorm new topic ideas
- Send some e-mails about possible guest hosts
And, of course, if there’s time between other things or I need a more free-form post to write, I have all sorts of other ideas and blogging maintenance floating around in my head.
- My Infinite Summer
- Spring Reading Thing 2009 Update
- Sunday Salon: Happy Books?
- What Book Should I Read in July?
- Questions for American Gods
- Campus Common Reader
- Do some of the Bloggiesta Mini-Challenges (Google Reader, especially)
- Send blogging photo picture to Cathy
Wow, it looks even more ridiculous than I thought. Oh well, I’m off to blog (finally!)