A number of the responses to the Mid-Year Review (Week 12) said that Blog Post Bingo (Week 3) was a favorite topic, so I decided to run it again during July! This time, we’ll be going for three weeks (until July 24) and trying to write 12 kinds of posts.
The idea of Blog Post Bingo is to write different kinds of content. Like I wrote before,
It’s easy to get into a pattern of writing the same kinds of posts over and over again, but sometimes it can be fun to spice it up, or at least have ideas about other ways to present your ideas.
If you need some ideas about how many kinds of blog posts there are, check out these links: 20 Types of Blog Posts, The 5 Types of Blog Posts that Experts Write, and All 13 Types of Blog Post. These are just a few different ideas about what kinds of blog posts you can write, and although there are no definitive types there are some types of posts that can be the bread and butter of a successful blogger. Knowing some of these forms can help keep including content if you feel like you’re in a rut.
Please read all the way through the task for this week so you can decide what level you want to participate at (and and find out about the fabulous prizes!). There are some changes from the first time, so read carefully.
Blog Post Bingo!
- Take a look at the 12 types of blog post below. Over the next three weeks, try to write as many of these different kinds of posts as you can.
- A Link Post – share link (or series of links) your readers might find interesting
- A Short Post – less than 200 words
- A List Post – simple as it sounds, a list of some sort
- An Opinion Post – take an event, news, or another blog post and share your opinion on it
- A Poll or Question Post – post a poll or ask your readers a specific question for feedback
- A How-To Post – You’re an expert in something; big or small, share how to do it
- A Long Post – more than 700 words
- A Review Post – self-explanatory, I think 🙂
- A Definition Post – show your expertise about a topic related to your blog
- NEW: A Personal Post – something that’s going on in your life, related to your normal blog topic or not
- NEW: A Resource Post – you know a lot about something, share the sites/books/tutorials you go to on that topic. This is similar to a link post, except these links should be related in some way and be useful for other people who want to know about the topic.
- FREE SPACE – a type of post of your choice (that is not the same as one of the previous posts)
- By Friday, July 24 at MIDNIGHT, post a link in Mr. Linky to a wrap-up post detailing which of the post types you’ve completed. I need to be able to go to the wrap up post and see links to each of the posts and something that shows what type they are.
The blogger who completes the most number of posts will receive a prize — a $10 e-gift certificate from Amazon.com and be featured in the wrap up post for Week 13. I will also do a random number generator of all the other entries (whether you did one post or many posts) to choose a two other winners to be featured in the wrap up post. This way, everyone has incentive to participate even if you can’t post a ton of times in the next couple weeks. I know it’s not much, but who doesn’t love even little prizes?
Notes: Blog posts can count for multiple categories, but if there is a tie then I’ll give preference to a blogger who has not counted posts for multiple categories. You may not include posts written before this task was posted (it’ll just be too hard for me to sort through them).
Any other questions or concerns? Leave a comment and I’ll get back to you ASAP. Good luck and happy blogging!