Blog Post Bingo Entries

by Kim on July 25, 2009 · 8 comments

2009bip-150x210Lately, I’ve been sort of pathetic at actually blogging about the Blog Improvement Project tasks I’ve been coming up with. But not so with Blog Post Bingo, I actually got quite a few posts done!

The best part of it was having the motivation to get a couple of more in-depth posts I’ve been thinking about out of my head and out into the blogosphere — my list post of Book Lists and my how to post on html tables.  It was also fun to try a more personal post about reading Infinite Jest.

Here are my completed posts — 10 of 12 isn’t bad!

1. A Link PostBIP Week #13: Bingo Reminder
  2. A Short PostHappy Birthday, Me :)
  3. A List PostA List of Book Lists
  4. An Opinion PostBook Reviews as Bread and Butter
  5. A Poll or Question PostQuestions for ‘American Gods’ and ‘Love Walked In’
  6. A How-To PostHow To Make Html Tables
  7. A Long PostReview: A Reliable Wife
  8. A Review PostReview: The Disreputable History of Frankie-Landau Banks
  9. A Definition Post
  10. NEW: A Personal PostMy Infinite Summer: Page 233
  11. NEW: A Resource Post
  12. FREE SPACEMy Infinite Summer

To me, the most important part of Blog Post Bingo isn’t completing all the posts. It’s developing a sense that there are an infinite number of ways to write blog posts, and I shouldn’t be afraid to try something new or share things I know through the blog. I hope others — no matter how many or how few posts got completed — got a little bit of the same thing.

I’ll have the winners and featured bloggers for Week #13: Blog Post Bingo up sometime soon. For the moment, I’m planning to ejoy and low-key and low-responsibility weekend just hanging out at home :)

Dorte H July 25, 2009 at 2:33 pm

Amen!

Once again, I would like to suggest a kind of ´competition´ post. I think it might be popular.

rebeccareid July 26, 2009 at 7:01 am

I didn’t get many done for my other site (my cooking site) as I was intending (summer is calling) but I too love how it gives me ideas for the future! I’m eager to mix up my blog posts when I find the time to do so.

Jackie (Farm Lane Books) July 26, 2009 at 3:23 pm

Congratulations on completing 10. I found the definition post the most strange to write and I don’t think I’ll be doing another one soon.

This task has been so useful in helping to me to broaden the type of posts I write. Thank you so much for setting it up!

Nicole July 27, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I loved Blog Post Bingo! It was so much fun to come up with ideas for each of the categories. And it was extremely valuable for me to try my hand and some different types of posts. Thank you for hosting this!

Kim July 27, 2009 at 12:08 pm

I think that’s a great idea. I’ve found a couple of articles online with more suggestions, so I’ll try to incorporate those if I do Bingo again outside the BIP.

Kim July 27, 2009 at 12:08 pm

Summer is calling me too — that’s why I had to stretch a bit to make some of these fit :) But yeah, I have some more ideas for future posts which is exciting.

Kim July 27, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Yes, those felt weird to me too. I wanted to do one talking about literary journalism, a genre I really love but most people don’t know about, but never felt comfortable with it.

Kim July 27, 2009 at 12:09 pm

Good, I’m glad it was fun!