Questions on 'American Gods' or 'Love Walked In'

by Kim on July 17, 2009 · 8 comments

Regular blog readers know that I’ve started a feature where readers vote for a book I should read in a given month, then I write my reviews based on solicited questions.

I forgot to get questions for American Gods by Neil Gaiman, the book I read in June. I also haven’t gotten questions for Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos, the pick for July. But rather than writing two question posts, I decided to just make one.

american gods love walked in

Have questions about either American Gods or Love Walked In?  Leave them in the comments to this post and I’ll be sure to answer them when I write my reviews!

Care July 17, 2009 at 3:03 pm

How well do the cover(s) relate or support the story(ies)? Are there ANY similarity in themes or connection of any sort between these two books? (sometimes I find small things to connect books – just curious? For example, I once found a new vocab word to me and it was also in the next book I read – very cool!)

Jodie July 17, 2009 at 5:06 pm

American Gods often sounds like Neil Gaiman’s masterwork – was this your favourite book by him (or if you ahven’t read anything else by him do you think it is an uber-amazing book?)

Lu July 18, 2009 at 3:20 pm

For American Gods:

1) I’m not sure I’m phrasing this right, but I hope it makes sense. What did you think about the flow of the story? Did you think it was awkward? Did it make sense with the type of story, or did it jump around too much?

Fyrefly July 20, 2009 at 8:29 am

For American Gods: Which Gods did you find the most interesting? Were there any Gods you were surprised to see included, or excluded?

Sherrie July 20, 2009 at 9:08 am

Hi Kim,
I checked both books out at Amazon. They both sound really good, but for my personal choice I would have to go with American Gods! This sounds really intriguing. Is Mr. Wednesday an angel helping Shadow? or is he really a God? Have a great day!

Sherrie

Louise July 20, 2009 at 11:53 am

Do you think a person interested in Americana would like American Gods?

Jenny aka "Sister" July 22, 2009 at 11:28 pm

What do you think about the relationships between Cornelia and Martin as well as between Cornelia and Teo? And without giving things away what did you think of the way each relationship played out?

Memory July 24, 2009 at 9:24 pm

How did Shadow’s personality affect the way you related to AMERICAN GODS?

What did you think of the short stories Gaiman included?