About a month ago I proposed a personal reading project for myself: read 3,000 pages in the 30 days of my Christmas break. Technically, I still have one magazine story to revise and turn in, but it’s so close to being done with the semester that I’m going to start today, yay!
I have one entire bag packed with the books I want to read over break. Per usual, I’ve over-packed, but that’s ok. And as an added bonus, I decided to do a vlog sharing the books with you. Enjoy!
I don’t know why I always look so awkward in videos, but oh well. In case you missed any of the books mentioned, here’s the list with some links and the page numbers:
- I Know This Much is True by Wally Lamb (912 pages)
- Traveling Mercies: Some Thoughts on Faith by Anne Lamott (275 pages)
- Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gilman (368 pages) — and my Women Unbound guest post
- The Blind Side by Michael Lewis (352 pages)
- Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder (314 pages, 180 pages left)
- The Nanny Diaries by Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus (320 pages) — our sister’s vlog on books
- Memoir: A History by Ben Yagoda (304 pages)
- Love Stories in This Town by Amanda Eyre Ward (224 pages)
- The Devil in the White City by Eric Larson (447 pages)
- Birdbaths and Paper Cranes by Sharon Randall (192 pages)
- Dream Girl and Dream Life by Lauren Mechling (320 pages and 336 pages)
- Dracula is Dead by Sheilah Kast and Jim Rosapepe (400 pages)
- The Great Starvation Experiment by Todd Tucker (288 pages)
- The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood (521 pages)
If I did my math right, that’s a total of 4918 pages 5439 pages of books brought home, which is far more than my goal for the next month. So many books, so little time. Anyway, rather than blathering on I should get onto my reading — Mountains Beyond Mountains is calling!
What books are you trying to read over the next month? Any suggestions which book I should dive into next?