In order to celebrate my recent graduation, I decided buy myself an e-reader. But I’m stuck as to which one to get and need your help.
Right now I’m debating between the Kindle, the Nook, or a Sony E-Reader (I don’t know which one yet). I’m not getting an iPad because I can’t stand the glare from the screen for reading (that’s why I don’t read on my computer).
Given all your expertise, I need you advice on what to get. Here are my current e-reader needs:
- I want an e-reader primarily for travel and for reading at the gym. I read on the elliptical to pass the time, but I’m tired of bringing books with me and having to jam the edges open with my mp3 player and then loosing my place when the books close.
- I need an e-reader than will read PDFs and that I can download books from places like Project Gutenburg and Google Books — I plan to read a lot of free classics. I’d also like to use it for egalleys if possible.
- I also want to be able to read magazines and newspapers, if I decide to buy subscriptions and, you know, support good journalism 🙂
- I want to be able to easily take notes and mark passages in the book. I like the Kindle keyboard — do other readers have similar options?
- It would also be nice to be able to go online or access some sort of wi-fi, but that’s not a requirement.
Do you have an e-reader? If so, which one? What are some of the pros and cons of your e-reader? If you don’t have one, what thoughts do you have on which e-reader is best?