Book Blogger Appreciation Week is coming up from September 17 – 17, 2010. As part of the process of being part of the directory and being able to vote on awards, as well as being eligible for awards, bloggers need to register.
I’m just sneaking this in a day before the deadline, which is tomorrow (July 7). If you haven’t registered yet, you should do it — even if you don’t want to be nominated for an award, registering helps put your blog in a category and be part of choosing blogs in your peer group.
It’s sort of awkward, but I think BBAW is an evolving and ongoing process, and something I’m excited to be a part of. This year I’m nominating myself for Best Nonfiction Review Blog. The post I’m highlighting are:
- Review: Everything is Broken by Emma Larkin
- Review: Memoir – A History by Ben Yagoda
- The Sunday Salon: Making Toast by Roger Rosenblatt (this is a review, just not titled as such)
- Pollan v. Kingsolver: A Food Writer Showdown
- Narrative Nonfiction 5: Living “Current” Events
Even if you’re not interested in the awards, I encourage you to pop over to the BBAW page and at least register to participate — it’s a great event to celebrate just how awesome book bloggers are.