It’s Bloggiesta time! I’m a day late getting this post up, but I had to work yesterday and then I had a soccer game and then I thought I was going to be too lame to participate in the chips and salsa and margaritas and didn’t write this post. But then I got really motivated, so I actually spend some time Bloggiesta-ing on Friday night, which was cool. Check out the face lift the header and blog got — nice, yes?
I should back up. The Bloggiesta is an event hosted by Natasha at Maw Books where the idea is to spend three days just working on your blog. It’s a time to mess around with projects you’ve been putting off, get caught up on things you’re behind in, or try to get ahead a little bit.
I’m hoping to spend a good amount of time blogging today and again tomorrow while the football games are on. We’re hosting a birthday party for my roommate tonight, so I need to bake cupcakes and clean and all of that, but I bet there will be some blog time as well. Here’s my to do list, helpfully broken down by what types of projects they are.
- Move columns
- Add BBAW award to sidebar
- Figure out post templates — I am at a loss for this one so far!
- Update Review Archive — make 2010 page, start 2011 page, fix all the navigation links, update missing review links
- Create an Archive
- Give things a face lift — adjust colors? new header?
- Upgrade Thesis
- Comments plugin — Thanks to Erin (Erin Reads) for help on this one!
- Update About Me Page
- Add Writing Samples Page — I decided not to do this.
- Fix e-mail subscribe link
- Backup text for sidebar widgets
- Write Bloggiesta To-Do List — I’ll be honest, I just put this on here so that I could cross something off right away!
- Review: At Home
- Review: The Warmth of Other Suns
- Review: Cleopatra
- Review: Let’s Take the Long Way Home
- Review: The Weird Sisters
- Monday Tally for January 24
- Narrative Nonfiction 5: At Home by Bill Bryson — I only got half way through this one, but decided to be done with blogging for the evening because I’m tired.
- Write Book Apocalypse guest post and email it to Cass
- Guest Post 2 and email it to the blogger
Blog Community Projects
- Respond to comments
- Comment on 25 blogs — I lost track of the number, but it was pretty high.
- Do some mini-challenges: Jen’s Google Forms, Trish’s e-mail best practices, others?
There’s pretty much no way I’m going to get through all of that, but a girl can dream, right? My priority is the maintenance projects, since I tend to put those off in my day-to-day life and never make time for them. I can squeeze post writing in pretty often — messing around with html and css and php? Not so much.
So anyway… ole!