Dewey’s 24-Hour Read-a-Thon is tomorrow and I am so excited! I went grocery shopping, cleaned the kitchen, and did my laundry and otherwise tidied up my house yesterday. Tonight after work I’m going to make some delicious baked goods (Apple and Cheddar Scones, perhaps), clean some more, and try to get to bed early.
I got so excited that I already put my book stack together. Even though last year I only read six books, I put together a stack of 12 to choose from. I wanted to take pictures to show you, but I left my camera at work… bummer!
From my personal bookshelves I have…
- Moneyball by Michael Lewis
- Working in the Shadows by Gabriel Thompson
- Talking to Girls About Duran Duran by Rob Sheffield (a holdover from the last Read-a-Thon that I made an awesome ’80s playlist on Spotify to listen to when I read!)
From my stacks of review books I have …
- Falling for Me: How I Hung Curtains, Learned to Cook, Traveled to Seville, and Fell in Love by Anna David
- Down the Mysterly River by Bill Willingham
- You Are My Only by Beth Kephart
From the library I have…
- The Taliban Shuffle by Kim Barker
- When She Woke by Hillary Jordan
- Gluten-Free Girl by Shauna James Ahern
- The Impostor’s Daughter by Laurie Sandell (graphic novel)
- Mercury by Hope Larson (graphic novel)
- Rapunzel’s Revenge by Dean, Shannon, and Nathan Hale (graphic novel)
I decided I’m also going to set some goals for this year. When I did the Read-a-Thon back in April I read six books — three memoirs and three graphic novels — for a total of 1,420 over almost nine hours.
This year I hope I can read seven books, 1,500 pages, and more than nine hours. That would be awesome! I don’t have any friends joining me this year — just Boyfriend and the cat — so I think I should be able to read a lot. I’ll have one post tomorrow that I’ll update throughout the day to keep track of how things are going.
Even if you can only read for part of the day, you should definitely consider signing up — the Read-a-Thon is one of my favorite events of the entire year! I’ll also be cheering as part of Team Lucky Charms, so check in on Twitter as well