Even when life gets stressful, I’m always grateful that I am a reader. Being a reader is a part of my identity, something that I do because it’s a hobby and because I don’t feel like myself when I haven’t been reading. That got me thinking about some of my favorite things about being a reader:
1. When a book you’ve been waiting for finally arrives for pickup at the library.
2. When someone asks you for a book recommendation.
3. When you finally find something great to read after being in a reading slump.
4. When you’re reading a book that’s so good you can’t wait to find out what happens next.
5. When the final book in a trilogy or long series comes out.
6. When the fate of a fictional character makes you messy cry.
7. When you stay up way too late finishing a great story and have a reading hangover the next day.
What are your favorite things about being a reader?