I have a wicked case of the gobbledybooks.
Since my marathon read of Spinster by Kate Bolick over the weekend, my reading has been pulled in all sorts of different directions. I’ve also been running around a lot this week, so my brain feels like it’s having a hard time settling down. It’s especially hard when there is so much good tv on right now — the finales of The Magicians and iZombie were so great! Oh, and I finally got an epic post done for Book Riot — I can’t wait to share this one.
Anyway, when my brain gets this scattered I like to make a list… hence, this post: all of the books I wish I could be reading right now.
- The Expatriates by Janice Y.K. Lee — This one is going to be due back at the library soon and I really want to get it done so I don’t have to try and take out another hold.
- The Regional Office is Under Attack by Manuel Gonzales — My pre-order of this exciting book arrived on Tuesday and I want to crack it open really bad!
- Hamilton: The Revolution by Lin-Manuel Miranda and Jeremy McCarter — HAMILTOME! I actually cracked this beauty open when it arrived on Tuesday and stayed up well past my bedtime skimming through the first half… it’s a delight.
- Go Set a Watchman by Harper Lee — Our library has started a book club and I’m trying my best to be a good participant. This is the next read, which I am trying to have done by next Wednesday.
- The Run of His Life: The People v. O. J. Simpson by Jeffry Toobin — I didn’t watch the recent FX series about the O.J. Simpson trial, but seeing previews and reading reviews made me super curious to revisit that case. This highly recommended book was a total impulse buy.
- Walking Portland by Becky Ohlsen — We’re taking a trip to Portland later this summer for my cousin’s wedding, planning to turn it into a long-ish weekend to explore the city. I found this walking guide to the city online and got super excited about it!
Ugh, man. It’s already 8:40 p.m. as I’m drafting this post on Wednesday night. I have to get ready for bed and finish my chores and then, maybe, I will try to get my brain into a book. So many books, so little time… Happy Thursday!